Page 1 of 1

Slight Delay

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2026 8:53 am
by Chaser1
As some of you may know, I had quite the disaster last night. I was setting up my server, which had most of the old PBEM files on it. I found that the VMX file was corrupted and had to rebuild it all over again. All of the Snapshots and backups were also magically corrupted. I also had a backup (more current) on two other jump drives. Unfortunately, one drive just simply doesn't work and the other happened to be plugged into my laptop (I always leave it plugged in to update the game), which I was using to build a new server install media... unfortunately, the Microsoft install media creation tool decided that that specific drive was where it would save to without asking permission, which wiped the drive completely.

The good news is that, on December 29th, I'd saved the entire CURRENT game and characters and posts to my email and google drive. So I have all of the EOTC and DMH characters and posts from three weeks ago. I just need to go through posts and update experience and posts on those files. The other plus side, I was able to find the older PBEM files on a burned CD from 2009, which means that a chunk of the posts between late 2009 to current are missing. I have most of your characters (I know that Lorianna, Milo, Galen and several others are safe as I had a current backup in my email) as well as many of the characters of players who've unfortunately passed away (Players of Gor, Miriam and Mors) <--- I sincerely apologize if I left out someone, it's been a long night of rebuilding.

I've already taken the entire PBEM load and files and distributed them to One Drive, Google Drive, three different external hdds and on the newly rebuilt server. So it would need to take a global disaster to wipe them all out.

The delay will come to me updating the character files to current status and the posts. It shouldn't take more than a week. In that time, feel free to continue posting. I will update as I go. Secondly, we may have some older players returning, pending game status. I noticed that the posts have slowed down quite a bit. If you guys have requests or suggestions, feel free to shoot me a message on what you'd like. The festival day is taking longer than I'd anticipated.

I hope you're all having fun and enjoying the story.

Re: Slight Delay

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2026 3:04 pm
by Chaser1
Slight delay is over. Everything is caught up, backed up and one of our former GMs possesses a copy of the game up to today.