Page 10 of 13
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2026 3:12 pm
by Chaser1
"Not as many people to do all the jobs since the attack last year," Reggie says sadly. "We lost a lot of people. And plenty that are still recovering from injuries they received then." he ends with a quick glance towards Nova.
She slowly nods, adding, "Some of us healed faster than others..."
Reggie remembers her recovery from nearly all of her ribs broken, a fractured skull and concussion, and enough hemorrhaging to classify her as mortally wounded. Yet, she totally healed within a few weeks, let alone a few months.
"Sounds like you got lucky," Nomae grins, squeezing her hand.
All three hear the doctor shout from another room, "Okay, Reg, let's get a move on. Find Jack and Ryan and get those meds."
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2026 8:09 pm
by Norgarth
"Well, duty calls, ladies. I'll check back in with you once I get back Miss Nomea. Catch you later Nova." He gives Nova a quick hug before he heads out.
First stop is down to the library, to see if Ryan is still there, leading Apple on foot. "Welp, looks like we got some more riding ahead of us today, Apple."
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2026 10:39 am
by Chaser1
"Well, duty calls, ladies. I'll check back in with you once I get back, Miss Nomea. Catch you later, Nova." He gives Nova a quick hug before he heads out. She hugs him affectionately tight, then smiles as he leaves.
First stop is down to the library, to see if Ryan is still there, leading Apple on foot. "Welp, looks like we got some more riding ahead of us today, Apple."
He spots his dad talking to Al in front of his office. Al waves, "Hey kiddo, what's the doc got you doin' now?"
At the same time, Reggie spots Ryan trotting down the steps with Ret, laughing about something.
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2026 8:46 pm
by Norgarth
OOC: correct me if I've gotten any bits mixed up.
IC:
Reggie calls out, "Hey, Ryan, hold up a minute." Then he turns to his dad. "The Doc want me, and hopefully Ryan and Jack, to ride to Lake Crenshaw for more medical supplies. Nova is keeping miss Nomea company still."
Once he's done talking to the Sheriff, Reg will head over to Ryan. "Hey, Doc Anderson wants me to head to Crenshaw and get some medical supplies. You up for a trip? I'm gonna ask Jack too."
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 3:25 pm
by Chaser1
Reggie calls out, "Hey, Ryan, hold up a minute," then he turns to his dad, "The Doc wants me, and hopefully Ryan and Jack, to ride to Lake Crenshaw for more medical supplies. Nova is keeping Miss Nomea company still."
Ryan waves back and stops as he and Ret seem to be excited about whatever they're talking about. Hank nods in approval, "Proud of you, son. Not sure where Jack ran off to. He's probably getting the farm and ranch more up to par like Simon used to." Simon being Jack's late father. "Keep your radio on in case of trouble," and heads into the clinic.
Reg walks over to Ryan and Ret, "Hey, Doc Anderson wants me to head to Crenshaw and get some medical supplies. You up for a trip? I'm gonna ask Jack too."
"Uh... Now?" Ryan glances at Ret, "Care if Ret tags along?"
"I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind," Ret's usual goofy smile spreads wide, "And I could go see my dad if we have time."
At that moment, a familiar, yet usually unwelcomed voice rings out from one of the alleyways, "Hey! What are you losers doing? What's with all the new people coming into town? We being invaded?" Reggie turns to see Hughe marching towards them, his usual sarcastic smirk as he eyeballs Ret like a cat would a scared mouse.
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2026 9:45 pm
by Norgarth
Reggie smiles and shrugs, "If you can get permission and a ride, it's fine by me, Ret." Reggie thinks to himself, *while we're there, maybe I'll swing by and see how Cal's and his people are doing.*
Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, He turns to Hughe. "Hey. Apparently the Pecos Raiders hit Drive City, we've started getting a few refugees. So Doc Anderson asked me to grab a few helpers and go to Lake Crenshaw and get more medicine and such."
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 4:33 pm
by Chaser1
Reggie smiles and shrugs, "If you can get permission and a ride, it's fine by me, Ret." Reggie thinks to himself, oO(While we're there, maybe I'll swing by and see how Cal's and his people are doing)Oo
Resisting the urge to roll his eyes, He turns to Hughe. "Hey. Apparently the Pecos Raiders hit Drive City, we've started getting a few refugees. So Doc Anderson asked me to grab a few helpers and go to Lake Crenshaw and get more medicine and such."
"I volunteer!" Hughe beams, "I'm a hard worker and of course, you need someone to keep Ret in line."
"Oh go eat shit, Hughe," Ryan glares.
"Well!" Hughe feigns being insulted, "After everything we've been through? What gives?"
"You just wanna smack up on Ret. You aren't going." Ryan squares up against Hughe, who isn't backing down.
"I think that's up to Deputy Harper here," Hughe gestures to Reggie, then turns to him, "You could use an extra set of eyes and hands. I promise not to touch Ret. What do you say, Reg?"
Ret keeps his eyes down, like an abused animal already conditioned to know its place.
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 7:26 pm
by Norgarth
OOC: huh, I thought I posted a reply to this one several days ago...
I'm assuming Hughe would be driving his ATV, I dunno if he even knows how to ride/has access to a horse.
IC:
Reggie looks at Hughe with a raised eyebrow, "First of all, I can keep people 'in line' fine by myself. Secondly, does your ATV even have the fuel for a round trip to Lake Crenshaw?"
Reggie tries to figure out what Hughe really wants. Just an opprotunity to push Ret around? Is he bored and whats to show he's tough? Just looking for an excuse to get out of town for a while?
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 12:05 pm
by Chaser1
Reggie raises a brow at Hughe, "First of all, I can keep people 'in line' fine by myself. Secondly, does your ATV even have the fuel for a round trip to Lake Crenshaw?"
"Yep! Full tank is enough to get there, back and there again." Hughe beams, "And it's been a while since I went to Crenshaw. That and I want to hang out with my friends."
"Right..." Ret sighs.
Ryan shoots Reggie a 'Please no.' expression.
At that moment, the sounds of another four wheeler pull into town as Jinaan and Jack arrive. Ret promptly waves with over enthusiasm as Ryan calls out, "Jack and Jinaan! Nice of you two to come out of your caves!" sporting the happiest, cheesy grin he can.
OOC: Welcome to the game, Dev/Bill
Re: EOTC: Life as a Lawman
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 7:19 pm
by Norgarth
OOC:
At that moment, the sounds of another four wheeler pull into town as Jinaan and Jack arrive.
singing: 'A little ditty, about Jack and Ji-naan, two American kids, in the west land'
IC:
"Tormenting Ret isn't what I call 'hanging out with friends'. Hughe," Reg says with disdain. He's never understood what was Hughe's beef with Ret.
As the other four wheeler pulls up, Reggie grins and waves to the newcomers. "Hey guys, long time no see."